Friday, January 21, 2011

Hoosiers fall to Wisconsin

Sorry I am late on this but I will have a recap on every game that IU plays. I will point out the positives and negatives of each and every game. Well, here's the recap.
Indiana lost to #17 Wisconsin last night at the Kohl Center. Usual, considering Wisconsin is 146-11 there under head coach Bo Ryan. The best part is that Indiana was in it the whole game and only lost by nine points. Most Indiana fans, like myself, will take that any day. You know why? Because every good team starts off by being competitive, and that's what Indiana's learning to do.
Another positive sign of this game is Jordan Hulls was aggressive. This is the the moment we've been waiting for people! He scored sixteen points. This is what we should be expecting from him. He shot a season high twelve shots. He made seven of them. You have to shoot at least ten a game if you consistently put up numbers like that like he does.
Congratulations to Verdell for passing the one thousand point mark last night in his IU career. Just thought I'd point that out. He played pretty well last night too. He had fifth-teen points n six of twelve shooting I believe with six rebounds. He also had two assists and as many turnovers.
The refereeing was just awful and gave Wiconsin tons of momentum. IU could have have won  this game with good calls (I did say could, not would). Elston played well offensively but terribly defensively. Watford had a so-so type of night. Rivers really attacked the basket and as usual played good defense. IU could not stop Jordan Taylor to save the life last night as he had a career high twenty-eight points. Pritchard did a good job on John Lueur. He may have scored twenty points but it took him loads of shots to get there. The worst part of the game was getting dunked on by a red-head with a fro and a name I can't pronounce (nothing against him). I will never hear the end of that from my brother, I guarantee that.
After all is said and done, I really appreciated IU's performance and effort tonight and think this is a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment